[fpc-pascal] Morfik is using FPC compiler

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Mar 28 14:04:31 CEST 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Bisma Jayadi wrote:

>> Because we don't know about it. I've been keeping an eye on Morfik since
>> quite some time, but I didn't know they use FPC. How did you find out ?
>
> Content of "Release_Notes_0_8_6_5.txt" :
>
> Release notes for Morfik AppsBuilder version 0.8.6.5
> Release Date: Monday, 27 March 2006
>
> New Features
> ------------
>
> - Developers can now compile their Morfik project into a native Linux or
> Windows executable using exactly the same project source code. (Note that the
> Linux compilation requires the Free Pascal compiler. Instructions on how to
> setup Free Pascal is be available, if required.) This allows developers the
> choice of hosting their Morfik applications on either a Windows or Linux
> platform.
>
> - Ability to create controls dynamically at run time within the browser.
> There will be a sample project posted on Morfik Labs that will include sample
> codes for creating various controls programmatically. This feature is not
> available for the following controls: TabControl, DateTimeEdit, ListBox,
> Flash and Band. However work is being done to include support for these
> remaining controls within the next release.
>
> Bug Fixes
> ---------
>
> - The TabControl on a form is not active until clicked. This issue, specific
> to versions 0.8.5.6- 0.8.6.2, has been fixed.
> - Filters in single Forms do not work with text fields. This issue, specific
> to versions 0.8.5.6- 0.8.6.2, has been fixed.

> Now you know! :)

We sure do :-)

Unfortunately, I had to remove the morfik from my PC. Too much
conflicts with the existing firebird, and both the IDE and
generated forms look totally wrong on my PC. And I do mean
totally: everything is scaled wrong...

It's simply not possible to work with it.
A pity, because I think it is promising technology :/

Michael.