[fpc-pascal] Morfik is using FPC compiler

Bisma Jayadi bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Mon Mar 27 12:02:29 CEST 2006

> The problem is not only the port. It's that the gds32.ll in windows\system32
> is the wrong version. The morfik executable checks the exact version number,
> it seems. If it detects a different version, it stops.

Correct. Morfik uses the latest Firebird client library, FB v.2.0 Beta 1. I
found no problem by replacing gds32.dll from FB 1.5.3 with gds32.dll from FB 2.0
B1 in my machine.

> And I cannot change the port number, it would break all my existing programs.
> Morfik should realize this and assign a different port than the standard
> port, or use a local connection.

Hey... what can you expect from a demo beta version? :D It's just for testing
and should not be used or installed on production machine.

This is what I did... I installed it (and do anything required to make it run),
try it out for a couple of hours (to learn its framework concepts), generally
not very much interested with the application (amaze with some its aspects and
concepts though), uninstalled it, revert my machine as before, and... forget it. :)

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at
http://beeography.wordpress.com