[fpc-pascal] Implementing an COM-style Interface: FunctionRedirection Problems

Leandro Conde leandor at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 20:13:01 CET 2006

Hi Michael,
Thank you for your response.

(read below)

> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Leandro Conde wrote:
>
> > Hi people,
> >
> > I've been trying to port, from Delphi to FPC in windows, a
> large open
> > source library which uses many COM-style interfaces, and in this
> > process found that the "interface function redirection" [1:
> see below]
> > feature, for redirecting the interface's methods to other functions
> > with different names, is not working properly ...
>
> interface function redirection does not work in FPC, AFAIK.
> There is a comment about this in the documentation.

As I've been working in the port, my main goal was to make the library
compile. With this in mind, I'm sure that the compiler doesn't complain
about all the cases in which function redirection is used, just when it is
used in the form described in my other message ...

> Unless Florian or Peter have implemented it in the meanwhile,
> there has been some discussion about this.
>
> Michael.

Thanks for the info, I'm going to do some searches then.

See you,
Leo.