[fpc-pascal] i386-linux-as: command not found

Alain Michaud Alain.Michaud at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Mon Mar 20 00:51:07 CET 2006

Hi,
  I am trying to compile FPC from the SVN. I get the following error
message:

make[4]: i386-linux-as: command not found
make[4]: *** [prt0.o] Error 127
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/microwave/freepascal/fpcsvn/rtl/linux'
make[4]: *** [fpc_smart] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory ...

May be someone has seen this message before?

1 -- I am on Suse 9.3

2 -- I was compiling the SVC FPC and Lazarus on MANDRIVA for the whole
week-end now, using the same procedure and it worked well. I though that
moving to Suse would be a "piece of cake". Clearly it was not!

Thank for reading

Alain