[fpc-pascal] Re: fpc-pascal Digest, Vol 19, Issue 24

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Fri Mar 17 00:12:28 CET 2006

> One of the things I think works best for lazarus is that it is written in the
> same language it uses - so every user is a potential contributor (unlike most
> programs and IDE's users typically CAN program) which is why I think it has
> such an amazing rate of expansion - we must be averaging about 5 or 6 patches
> on most days.

I always harp on this fact - for example perl is written in C, python is written
in C, php is written in C, but if you want to learn from the sources why
shouldn't it be python is written in python and php is written with a php
compiler. And we all know delphi ide kernel and compiler is written in lots of C
and some Delphi for the gui parts, but not all of them. Java is written in C.