[fpc-pascal] opendelphi.org

Bisma Jayadi bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Thu Mar 16 05:17:15 CET 2006

> Delphi 2006 for Win32 also incorperates a lot of the innovations nade in
> Delphi.Net.

.Net? Though I had suggested FPC to also implement some new Delphi language
features which I think very usefull, but I agree with FPC core team that we
don't need to support .Net yet.

IMO, .Net is just a bussiness buzz from M$ to attract their customers and
prevent them from switching to Un*x systems. Speaking technically, I saw nothing
new in the .Net technology. It's just a combination of Java (on the system
architecture) and Delphi technology (on the system language), with extra
resource requirements as the consequences. :p

And if we study the FPC compiler architecture, IMO it's very possible to support
.Net. Adding .Net assembly generator on the FPC assembler generator layer would
make FPC able to produce .Net executable. CMIIW. But, I think we don't need to
do this now. :D

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at
http://beeography.wordpress.com