[fpc-pascal] FPC for Macintosh problems

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 12:40:31 CET 2006

Hello,

I am trying to compile a hello world for Mac OS X. The code is like this:

program test;

begin
  WriteLn('Hello world');
end.

But when I execute the compile with this command: ./fpc
/Volumes/Dados/Documentos/test.pas

I get this errors:

Target OS: Darwin for PowerPC
Compiling /Volumes/Dados/Documentos/test.pas
Assembling test
Linking /Volumes/Dados/Documentos/test
cat: link.res: No such file or directory
test.pas(5,1) Error: Error while linking
Error: ./ppcppc returned on error exitcode

I see a test.o file, but no compiled file.

I am using Free Pascal 2.0.2 on a Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar. I installed
the development tools and ld does exist.

I am using it on a PearPC emulator, by the way, not a real Mac.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho