[fpc-pascal] Internal linker?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Mar 4 00:28:49 CET 2006

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, chromdildo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What about the "new internal linker" ?
> Is it already available in the development tree?

It is available in the 'linker' branch in SVN.

> What has changed? Any documents to read?

No documents that I know of.
The current status is that the compiler can now
work without any external tools: both assembler
and linker are internal in the compiler for at
least windows.

'make cycle' runs, cross-compilation and linking
works, the compiler produces a lazarus binary
which is functional AFAIK.

I have not seen any timings yet, but I have
seen reports that memory usage has been
greatly reduced.

Peter Vreman has done most, if not all, development
on this. He can say more about it than I can.

Michael.