[fpc-pascal] RE: findfirst and findnext on non accessible files

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 19:17:47 CEST 2006

If I remember correctly, the DOS FindFirst/Next only handles
shortstring-sized path names.

Another "quirk" about using FindNext on Unix is that a
symlink to a directory sets the faDirectory flag, and if it
happens to be a circular symlink,  I don't know of any
way tell if it is safe to recurse into it without using fpStat
or something like it. FindNext will eventually give up after
several loops, but that doesn't seem like a very
elegant way to handle the situation.

 - Jeff