[fpc-pascal] Cross Platform Save/Restore Screen

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Tue Jun 20 17:59:58 CEST 2006

Michael Preslar wrote:
> Back in the DOS Turbo Pascal days I could do the following
 .
 .
> Now I'm stuck. How can I do the same for Win32 Console apps, and
> *nix/*bsd console apps?
>
> (For anyone wondering.. I'm the Legend of the Red Dragon developer
> [remember that old beast?], and after porting LORD to Win32, *nix [and
> mostly *bsd .. Just need to replace the dependance on the 'oldlinux'
> unit], and os2, I'm converting LordCfg to a native binary as well, and
> need the savescreen/restorescreen for the eyecandy part of the program)

Whereas the comments from other people in this thread still apply, the
next version of unit Video should provide you with the possibility to save
and restore the current screen - still under the condition that the
platform and terminal/console allow it (which might require all output to
be done via unit Video as well - however, that should include e.g. output
done using Crt unit as well). Regarding availability - well, I'm afraid
that this might not be before August now (another FPC activity which will
take some time from FPC core team members is planned for July - stay tuned
:/ ).

Regards

Tomas