[fpc-pascal] Daemon doesn't work right at boottime.

A.J. Venter aj at getopenlab.com
Fri Jun 2 00:44:06 CEST 2006

> Just my 2 cents: If you're on linux look at the file rw permissions,
> especially for I/O-interfaces like ttyS0, ttyS1, etc. In Fedora they
> have only root write permissions.
> Joep

Well as far as I know I'm not writing to anything except the log file, and the
daemon is running as root anyway.

/me considers recoding the whole thing as a cronjob...
(A joke, in reality I simply don't have the diskspace to put cron where this
is needed so it's not an option even if it COULD do the work).

A.J.

--
"there's nothing as inspirational for a hacker as a cat obscuring a bug
by sitting in front of the monitor" - Boudewijn Rempt