[fpc-pascal] Minor issue compiling FPC from sources

Eugene Mayevski mayevski at eldos.com
Mon Jul 31 12:12:24 CEST 2006

Hello!

I tried to compile the daily snapshot from source and got the following
during compilation:

make.EXE[3]: Entering directory `D:/FreePascal/sources/fpc/compiler'
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), echo Start 12:42:49 now 12:43:09, ...)
failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
make.EXE[3]: *** [echotime] Error 2

Investigation has shown, that \Compiler\Makefile contains
A) (Line 85): declaration for echo command, which is supposed to be present
in system. On my WinXP it's not, so I had to change "echo" with "cmd /c
echo"
B) A couple of declarations (sorry, have lost the line numbers) where echo
is called directly, and not via the $(ECHO) variable.

Sincerely yours,
Eugene Mayevski