[fpc-pascal] X Windows and FPC

Krishna v.krishnakumar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 17:07:09 CEST 2006

On 7/28/06, Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at t-online.de> wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 28.07.2006, 16:21 +0200 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> > Thanks Marc... My current source of documentation has been the Man
> > pages for XLib on some internet website.  Other than that, Google is
> > my friend!  Maybe installing the complete X11 Dev man pages locally is
> > a good idea.
>
> These are *not* man pages but really well done "article"- or
> "report"-style docs. Get one of them (from the CVS of X[.org|free86] ?)
> and see for yourself.

They normally get installed with the X11 dev packages. No?

Graeme, you can also use SDL as a portable windowing system. The
upside is you get a lot of flexibility with the passing of events (eg:
you can pass it down the widget tree) . The downside is sometimes the
apps look imprisoned inside the SDL window especially in the presence
of a floating tool bar. Pixel though looks great on three major
platforms :)

Cheers,
Krishna
then you win.