[fpc-pascal] Unknown runtime error 202

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Jul 27 15:21:35 CEST 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Wolfram Kläger wrote:

> Vinzent wrote:
>>> BTW, do you know why exceptions don?t return a line number?
>>
>> Because you forgot to include the "-gl" switch for automatically
>> including the line info unit?
>
> As I understand it, this option is only helpful when you are struggling with the debugger.

No. It is also meant for adding more information to the exception backtrace.

> My question is: What is the problem to throw the line number on the console as
> well as e.message, e.classname and everything else specified in the except
> clause, e.g. the contents of a local variable named LastLineDone?

Because you need the debug information for that. Hence the -gl switch.
It adds a HUGE amount of data to your executable, which is why it is not
included by default.

FileName/Linenumber info is only available through debug information.
It's not an interpreted language, but compiled language.

Michael.