[fpc-pascal] FPC on SPARC

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Sun Jul 23 10:03:34 CEST 2006

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Florian Klaempfl wrote:
>
>>It should be in a good shape, what's needed is a maintainer who's
>>building releases, handling/testing bug reports etc. Simply the annoying
>>work nobody wants to do :)
>

> OK, so if I were to get the last binary release (2.0.0?) I should be able to
> bootstrap to 2.0.2. I don't think I've compiled FPC from scratch before- does it
> have a test suite? I presume that if I could do an informal build (i.e. I'm not
> comitting myself to the formal stuff- time is a problem and I don't have the
> experience) it would help the core developers.
>
> 'Fraid I don't have anything bigger/newer than 8-way SPARC-32 here, and I try to
> avoid running that at this time of year :-)
>
> In the longer term I'd like to get Lazarus running on SPARC. At present I'm
> trying the FPC/Lazarus combination every year or so, but particularly now that
> Delphi's future is somewhat uncertain...

In the past (+/- March 2006) I offered to create sparc-solaris snapshots
  based on fpc 2.1.1 and lazarus svn version. I only had a ssh account
to that machine, so I couldn't do any testing.

Nobody stepped forward to do the testing, so I never actually made a
package for it, just verified, that Lazarus could be built on it.

Vincent