[fpc-pascal] usage of {$FPC_USE_LIBC}

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Tue Jul 18 16:48:11 CEST 2006

Am Dienstag, den 18.07.2006, 15:42 +0200 schrieb Marco van de Voort:

> > I'm talking about the function "readdir_r" existing at least on bsd's
> > and on newer linux.
>
> *dir functions are special. These are (3) functions and are done by an own
> probably not 100% compat implementation in syscall ports.

I'll go looking there, thanks.

... has this changed recently? I looked at almost any file having
"syscall" in it's name but didn't find anything regarding "*dir". I
forgot to mention that I'm using fpc 2.0.2 release sources atm.

>  Why would you want
> to do this?

Because "readdir_r" gives proper error messages and "readdir" doesn't.

But you're right, for testing it's functionality I could link to libc
directly from my code.

Marc