[fpc-pascal] Threading in FPC DOS

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Wed Jul 12 11:47:42 CEST 2006

Marco van de Voort wrote:
 .
>> However, it certainly depends on whether a general solution (not
>> requiring special support like DV, etc.) is really feasible and
>> practical.
>
> I doubt it. Note that it also probably needs enhancing of the
> threadinterface with a giveuptimeslice functionality, something for which
> now sleep(0) is abused.

Let's add it then? I believe such a call belongs to system unit anyway,
even without multithreading... SysUtils.Sleep can then call such function
explicitely for platforms not ensuring giving up timeslice as part of the
usual sleep functionality, Drivers.GiveUpTimeslice (from FV) should use
the same call.

Tomas