[fpc-pascal] Blackberry

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Wed Jul 5 17:31:16 CEST 2006

On 5 Jul 06, at 12:08, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On 7/5/06, Tomas Hajny <XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz> wrote:
> > only support Java code; even the operating system
> > is written in Java and no "native" binaries are
> > supported there. Old BlackBerry devices supported
> > native code, but these aren't available any more.
>
> Oh, that makes things harder.
>
> Maybe he's client could change to Pocket PC and Windows CE? rsss
>
> Free Pascal works well with Windows CE.

Well, as BlackBerry owner, I wouldn't want to
recommend this to anybody using BlackBerry
(unless he doesn't need/want to use its main
advantages, which are in the communication area -
especially the e-mail support). BlackBerry is
really excellently designed device, and even if
you get the BlackBerry client working on Windows
CE for e-mails (and believe me, there's a _huge_
difference between using BlackBerry client and
something like MS Outlook on this category of
devices), you still don't get the HW fine-tuned
for working with e-mails.

Tomas