[fpc-pascal] Blackberry

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Wed Jul 5 17:03:31 CEST 2006

On 5 Jul 06, at 8:47, Michael Preslar wrote:

> A client of mine is wanting me to port some of our software to the
> Blackberry handheld. Being that its Pascal code, I'd prefer sticking to
> a Pascal compiler.. And since FPC is seriously cross platform, I have to
> ask:
>
> Are there any plans, or work towards, porting FPC to the Blackberry?

I'm afraid this isn't really possible (unless we
provide back-end for Java bytecode generation -
see our FAQ for possible questions about Java).
As far as I know, all recent BlackBerry devices
only support Java code; even the operating system
is written in Java and no "native" binaries are
supported there. Old BlackBerry devices supported
native code, but these aren't available any more.

Tomas