[fpc-pascal] fpc & Lazarus with 64-bit

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 05:18:31 CEST 2006

On 7/2/06, Alain Michaud <Alain.Michaud at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote:
> Question - 1:
>
> Once I have installed the module: fpc-2.0.2.x86_64-linux.tar then does
> that means that I use the "regular" source code: fpc-2.0.2.source.tar.gz
> in order to recompile FPC or to compile lazarus?

I think that you need to install fpc-2.0.2.x86_64-linux.tar and then
use that to compile lazarus source code. Just download a package with
Lazarus source code and do a:

make clean all

If this doesn´t work, then report what problems you had.

> Question - 2 :
>
> Is there a special Lazarus version for AMD64 ? Does it work on AMD64 ?

Please test! =) There is no pre-compiled binary for download, that´s
for sure, but this may be because there is no mainteiner. I think it
works. Well, it even works on win64!

If this does work, you could consider taking the Lazarus source RPM,
compile it and produce a amd64 rpm package, and send it back to be
included as a Lazarus download.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho