[fpc-pascal] Null characters in ansistring

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Fri Jan 27 06:18:13 CET 2006

If there is a null character in the middle or somewhere inside an ansistring, this
does not affect it's length, correct? Unless casting with pchars in play.

Reason I ask is that I wonder if it is a good idea to strip all incoming null
characters for web/internet security reasons. If someone inserts a null character and
they get stripped, this is safer than keeping them there and offering some
compatibility in case some odd person chose to store null characters in his string.
Probably that would only be used in rare cases such as a delimited file with null
characters.