[fpc-pascal] parameter names local, global, glocal

Tom Verhoeff T.Verhoeff at tue.nl
Sun Jan 22 20:04:16 CET 2006

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 07:07:39PM +0100, Olle Raab wrote:
> 06-01-19 13.05, skrev Jonas Maebe följande:
>

> > On 19 jan 2006, at 11:51, L505 wrote:
> >
> >> From the FPC ReadLn sources I was under the impression that the Mac
> >> used #13 for line
> >> feeds and unix used #10 for line feeds, but I've heard that
> >> sometimes certain unix
> >> systems used #13.
> >
> > Mac OS 9 and below used #13. Mac OS X, with it's unix/bsd heritage,
> > uses #10.
>
> But one should be aware of that a mac user, using Mac OS X might run classic
> Mac OS programs, in the classic environmant, which produces #13 files.

Even when you work in Mac OS X native, there are situations where you end up
with #13 files.  E.g. when using BBEdit and the default is set at Mac files,
or when you use an (s)ftp connection with automatic text translation
(depending on preference settings).  I get bitten by this too often.

	Tom
--
E-MAIL: T.Verhoeff @ TUE.NL     | Fac. of Math. & Computing Science
PHONE:  +31 40 247 41 25        | Eindhoven University of Technology