[fpc-pascal] How to run FPC 2.x on QNX

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Mon Feb 20 13:00:18 CET 2006

> Hi,
>
> we are developing a console application under Delphi. The main task is
> to use it under Windows. But there are some situations where we need
> to run it under the realtime OS QNX. This is the reason why we use FPC
> 1.0.x. But it lacks some interesting features like dynamic arrays.
>
> I know that QNX isn't official supported anymore. But do you see any
> chances that it would be possible for us to make the needed changes to
> compile FPC under QNX? Many things are Unix like and QNX supports
> POSIX. So where are the difficulties to support QNX?

There are no difficulties. It only takes some time to port and to maintain
it afterwards. See the solaris/sunos port in the FPC 2.1.1 tree what needs
to be done for a port based on libc. It is not much, the solaris RTL is
less than 100Kb mainly filled with record type definitions. The files are:

compiler/systems/?_sunos.pas
rtl/solaris/*