[fpc-pascal] Scripting in FPC

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Feb 10 10:58:32 CET 2006

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Marco van de Voort wrote:

>>> That is not possible with the GPL, LGPL or even the FPC RTL license. If
>>> you require such credit, people will also not be able to use your
>>> library in a (L)GPL product, because the resulting license will be
>>> incompatible with the (L)GPL..
>>
>> Understood. But I guess I can live with that :-). Yet, that brings up
>> the idea of double-licencing -- licencing the library as (L)GPL for use
>> with (L)GPL software, and a parallel licence for use in closed source
>> software in which case attribution is needed. I guess that would be
>> possible...
>
> As long as you own all rights to the lib this is possible. However if you
> use parts with different licenses in your lib, this could be troublesome.
>
> (e.g. Jedi-SDL headers or so)

Confusing point: since the headers contain no code by themselves,
you cannot link to it. So technically, it is not included in your
end product. So you are not "using" it at all...

We can keep making exercises like this all day long and find that
actually, you can't use any third-party code. That kind of renders
the whole issue void and meaningless :-)

Michael.