[fpc-pascal] Scripting in FPC

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Feb 10 10:19:42 CET 2006

On 10 feb 2006, at 09:48, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

>> Take a look at Stallman's page about FreeBSD license and how
>> freebsd "advertises
>> Berkley and California unreasonably" or whatever. Personally I'm
>> more of a FreeBSD
>> style guy and I might even switch to FreeBSD over linux because of
>> religion.
>
> That page is a load of b*s*, because the LGPL requires just the same:
> your program must show the LGPL.

Of course you must show the license, but requiring all derived works
to link to your web page in a readme or about box is something
completely different. This sort of advertising clause is in fact
incompatible with both the GPL and the LGPL. That's why the
advertising clause in the new XFree86 license was so controversial,
and why the X.Org fork was created.

Jonas