[fpc-pascal] FreeType 2 with Free Pascal

Krishna v.krishnakumar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 18:13:09 CET 2006

Hi Graeme,

On 12/29/06, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to implement anti-aliased text in my fpGUI widget set and
> started with Xft, but that only works under Linux and not Windows. Not
> really a issue I guess, I just heard that FreeType 2 apparently
> generates even better glyphs under Windows than Windows inself can.

That is all it does, generate glyphs. Do you intend to build a text
rendering subsystem? If not, then you are better off using Xft on X
and the native API on Win32.

Cheers,
Krishna
--
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty
to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble !