[fpc-pascal] FreeType 2 with Free Pascal

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 15:41:35 CET 2006

Hi,

Has anybody ever used the FreeType 2 library directly with Free
Pascal? Anybody know of converted C headers for FreeType 2?

I want to implement anti-aliased text in my fpGUI widget set and
started with Xft, but that only works under Linux and not Windows. Not
really a issue I guess, I just heard that FreeType 2 apparently
generates even better glyphs under Windows than Windows inself can.
Also FreeType 2 is self contained, so the requirements would be even
less if I use it compared to Xft.

Xft for those that don't know uses FreeType 2, but requires the
XRender extension.  Anybody know more about FreeType 2 itself - am I
heading in the wrong direction wanting to use FreeType 2 directly?

--
Graeme Geldenhuys
There's no place like S34° 03.168'  E018° 49.342'