[fpc-pascal] Good revision on wince cross-compiler

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 22:34:42 CET 2006

Using 5191 I face several issues with Windows CE, namely:

* Creating a TCustomControl descendent that is declared on a small
class works. If the class is big (has many methods), it crashes.

* Calling a empty class function crashes.

* Lazarus doesn´t shows correctly on the code where the exception
appeared. It always shows compile errors on Interface unit. The
compiler error message is ok, but it misses the correct unit.

Nevertheless, I am persistent. And I ported a beaultiful painting test
application to Windows CE =)

Positive aspects:

* Free Pascal cross-compiles and links extremely fast =) About 1 second here.

* The bugs are consistent. I mean, after you know them, and make work
arounds it works =)

I am attaching a screenshot.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho