[fpc-pascal] Building FPC with gdb support for SPARC

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Aug 29 12:58:35 CEST 2006

Peter Vreman wrote:

> libc is backwards compatible only. That means you can build something with
> libc-2.2.5 and it will run also on libc-2.3.2. So a fp with debugger build
> on Woody will also run on Sarge, Etch and Sid.

Thanks Peter, noted. However I'm trying to move to faster hardware, not
slower/hotter/noisier :-)

On the other hand, what you say implies that it might be possible to build the
gdb interface libraries on a Woody system and than use them on Sarge et al.,
otherwise do you have any thoughts on the best way to build/obtain them since I
sind the thought of loading and building the entire GNU toolchain somewhat
daunting :-/

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk