[fpc-pascal] International Chars... Codepages...

"S.Anıl Yılmaz" anilyilmaz at karatahta.com
Mon Aug 28 21:35:11 CEST 2006

My previous post;

>>I cannot manage to print any Turkish characters in console. (Code Page
>>ISO-8859-9), I use Windows XP Turkish, I can type and display Turkish
>>characters, but if my FP program's output displays these kind of text,
>>only spaces or "?" appear instead of intended characters. I use
>>widestrings to represent these chars. There is something I don't do
>>right I am sure, but what is it? Thanks in advance.

And Marco's reply...

>This is one of the issues that 2.0.4 should at least improve upon. See the
>2.0.4 versions on the FTP site.

I tried 2.0.4 and 2.1.1 today. No success though. My code is as follows...

<Code>

program test_turkish;
uses crt;
const
    strtowritten    :widestring='TÜRKÇE'; //There is 2 Turkish characters in this string
begin
writeln(strtowritten);
end.

</Code>

I also read about the {$CODEPAGE UTF8} compiler global directive. But no use either...
Thanks.
Anil