[fpc-pascal] International Characters in Console mode programs...

Rimgaudas Laucius rimga at ktl.mii.lt
Mon Aug 28 13:13:10 CEST 2006

Hello,

i cast a look at 2.0.4 source - it does not solves this kind of problems. I
guess you prepared program using FP IDE. It uses OEM CP (CP857 for Turkish)
for source encoding. Compiler misencodes these strings because i guess it
uses RTL widestring manager whitch assumes source encoded in ACP (Windows
1254 for turkish).

Solution: Widestrings and FP IDE are not compatible. 1) use strings instead
of widestrings 2) use unicode (UTF-8) enabled editor instead of FP.

For developers:
Do not you consider write(widestring) implementation without conversion into
ansistring better? For example: writting into console may be implemented
using WriteConsole(W) instead of WriteFile.