[fpc-pascal] Hardware

A.J. Venter aj at getopenlab.com
Tue Aug 22 18:32:08 CEST 2006

> I'm working in a software that I don't want that it runs in a different
> of the orginal installation then I'll save this informations in a
> crypted file and I'll read and check with the hardware in the moment of
> the software is open.

There is no platform independent way to do this, since the the two OS's have
very different approaches. Under windows you need to get the information from
the registry, under linux you can get it by reading the files in /proc
and /sys.

At some point somebody with some time should write a component that can give
most used hardware information via a single interface with platform specific
code to retrieve it. It's on my TODO list :)

A.J.
--
"there's nothing as inspirational for a hacker as a cat obscuring a bug
by sitting in front of the monitor" - Boudewijn Rempt