[fpc-pascal] Compiling for SPARC

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Aug 8 18:52:15 CEST 2006

Jonas Maebe wrote:

> I can't reproduce this with either cross compiling from ppc to sparc
> with 2.0.4, or with natively compiling under solaris/sparc with
> 2.1.1. Can you compile your compiler with debug info (add OPT="-O- -
> g" to your make command) and attach with gdb to see what the compiler
> is doing?

I might need a hand with that- it's a level of hackery that I've not previously
attempted.

However what I'm currently looking at is that make output gets as far as telling
me that ppcsparc is processing gtkglarea.pp and announcing that ar is creating
../libpgtkglarea.a. Using top and ps faux I can see that ppcsparc is sitting
there forking sh which execs ar, ar and sh terminate (result unknown) and a new
copy of sh is forked... it's been doing that for a couple of hours. Looking
where the action is I can see that libgtkglarea.a is 8 bytes long and a couple
of hours old, there's a gtkglarea.sl directory containing a number of .o files
all of which again appear to be a couple of hours old.

I'm going to back off and let Debian do an update in case anything is known to
be broken, then I'll start off by looking at some of the other make targets.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk