[fpc-pascal] Compiling FPC for SPARC

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Aug 3 11:59:31 CEST 2006

Jonas Maebe wrote:

> > The only thing that bothers me here is that while this is the
> > correct solution
> > it might not be possible. With the major caveat that I'm a beginner
> > at this but
> > I've demonstrated that 2.0.0 can't compile 2.0.2, and I suspect
> > that once I've
> > fixed the missing syscall I still might be left with something that
> > the existing
> > compiler can't process :-(
>
> This is not a case of something the existing compiler cannot process,
> but a platform-specific include file which was not updated while
> others were. The SPARC exit_group syscall is 188 according to
>    http://lxr.linux.no/source/include/asm-sparc/unistd.h#L207
>
> But yes, it's possible you'll find a few more things like this before
> everything compiles, since the SPARC/Linux port has not been
> maintained for a while.

Working on it. I know that this particular problem is not related to a compiler
problem, but I've already (I think) demonstrated that the 2.0.0 compiler on
SPARC has problems with the 2.0.2 sources. I've got a horrid feeling that once
the missing stuff is fixed I'll hit the same problem :-(

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk