[fpc-pascal] Compiling FPC for SPARC

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Aug 3 11:18:45 CEST 2006

On 3 aug 2006, at 11:11, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

>> Forget about old stable releases like 2.0.2, only work with
>> current svn
>> (2.0.4 or 2.1.1).
>
> The only thing that bothers me here is that while this is the
> correct solution
> it might not be possible. With the major caveat that I'm a beginner
> at this but
> I've demonstrated that 2.0.0 can't compile 2.0.2, and I suspect
> that once I've
> fixed the missing syscall I still might be left with something that
> the existing
> compiler can't process :-(

This is not a case of something the existing compiler cannot process,
but a platform-specific include file which was not updated while
others were. The SPARC exit_group syscall is 188 according to
   http://lxr.linux.no/source/include/asm-sparc/unistd.h#L207

But yes, it's possible you'll find a few more things like this before
everything compiles, since the SPARC/Linux port has not been
maintained for a while.

Jonas