[fpc-pascal] Compiling FPC for SPARC

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Aug 2 00:47:01 CEST 2006

I'm hoping to be able to sit down tomorrow and read more documentation, but for
the moment here's where I'm at.

*  I can build i386 2.0.2 and appear to get something working out of it using
make cycle or make zipinstall. "Working" in this context is that it will
generate a runnable program from hello.pp and that the fp IDE appears OK.

*  If I run the tests (make full) on i386 2.0.2 I get a UML (User Mode Linux on
2.4.32) kernel crash on testfpuc.pp. I'll try and check this out on a "real"
system presently, I've found UML to be pretty robust but knowing the effort
that's going into FPC on i386 I'd suspect a kernel problem first.

*  On SPARC, I can build the 2.0.0 sources using the 2.0.0 compiler using make
cycle or make zipinstall. All tests complete although I've not gone into the
exact results of each yet.

More tomorrow.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd