[fpc-pascal] google summer of code ?

Пётр Косаревский ppkk at mail.ru
Fri Apr 28 12:33:54 CEST 2006

> On 4/27/06, Пётр Косаревский с mail.ru <ppkk at mail.ru> wrote:
> > 2. Freepascal is too marginal to support.
> > (But I like it.)
>
> They support Adium, a instant messenger I had never ever heard about.
> Also Adium only works on Macs.
>
> They also support various other extremely marginal software.
>
> I still think they are just disorganized and let anyone get in until
> they realised they had too many projects and started rejecting the
> others.

Probably you are right.

But even that Adium thing has few advantages over FPC:
  1. it's goal is easy to understand
  2. any computer-unfriendly man is supposed to become able to use it

FPC is easier to compare with LispNYC. Which, in turn has its advantages (like being "close" to huge american city).

And about too many projects: they can reject students.

Well, it's a pity anyway.

And only an insider can help to both understand the reason and participate next time (good advices should be enough).