[fpc-pascal] fpc and intel vtune (now about gprof)

Пётр Косаревский ppkk at mail.ru
Tue Apr 25 19:19:37 CEST 2006

> for libgdb.a needed for our IDE as well). OTOH, if we ship gprof.exe, we
> should probably ship the needed libraries and vice versa, it doesn't make
> too much sense as it is now...

By the way: I don't use IDE (it is not handy due to many issues that are not bugs), but when I tried, it completely freezes (it worked before upgrade to 2.0.3 2006.4.20) after pressing mouse button (winxpsp2, both fullscreen and window modes). If someone can acknowledge, please submit it as a bug.

Why did I write it? Because I don't have libgdb.a (neither did I with 2.0.2).

In my school days compilers had something like "filelist.txt" in "bin" directory. (Neither Delphi7, nor VC7 [which I don't use, but checked for this feature] do have such a file.)

I believe, that something like this is not very useless. For example, if you use command line "zip" and "unzip", older versions shipped with FPC can do harm (like many other utilities, assembler included).

It would be great to know what utility is needed and what for (and a little hint for not shipped ones, like libc.a discussed). Nothing lengthy, just like
"cygwin1.dll         part of CYGWIN ver. 1.5.12, ___for FP (IDE), GDB, GPROF and ...___
dlltool.exe          part of GNU binary utilities, ver. 2.15.91, 20040904, __for PPC386 (Compiler) on linking stage___"

Of course, such a thing can slightly help even developers.

Some hints for older versions that are required would be great (when newer version has incompatible command line parameters, for example). The reason: user (I) can already use newer version and it can be in search path...

PS: compiler mentions dlltool bug with short var names (1 character?). isn't this bug corrected in newer version of dlltool?