[fpc-pascal] fpc and intel vtune (now about gprof)

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Tue Apr 25 15:27:46 CEST 2006

đŁÔŇ ëĎÓÁŇĹ×ÓËÉĘ wrote:
 .
> as,ld question: the answer is in bug report 4462. However, searching bugs
> or even browsing them is not a good option.

No - first of all, the answer is on the top of the snapshot download page
(http://www.freepascal.org/develop.html): "Note: There is no support for
the development versions.". In other words: don't use snapshots (and only
stick to official releases) if you don't know what you are doing.

>> "-Op4" (it
>> > I guess it would help to be more specific here - what exactly is
>> wrong,
>> > please?
>>
>> See bug #.
>
> Bug number is 4929.

Thanks for the reference, but it is still not clear what is your issue at
the moment. As far as I can see, the current code gives a warning if you
supply "-Op4", this value is ignored and the help pages don't list this as
a valid option. So my statement is still the same - could you be more
specific what is wrong, please?

Tomas