[fpc-pascal]size/speed/compiler - Was:another fpc RAD: MSEide

Jeff Miller miller at psy.otago.ac.nz
Wed Apr 19 23:23:05 CEST 2006

> >  3. speed - not a big deal. Hardware cheap enough.
>
> Speed definitely does matter for some apps: application servers,
> database servers etc. So you can't generalize this.

I'll have to agree with the second comment, not the first.

I use fpc for statistical simulation programs, many of which run
for 6 weeks or more (with different pieces of the simulation
running in parallel on 6-8 different PCs).  From my experience
with interpreted systems, these projects would take _years_
on the even fastest of those.

fpc is a great tool--much appreciated!

Jeff

miller at psy.otago.ac.nz