[fpc-pascal] another fpc RAD: MSEide

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Wed Apr 19 18:22:20 CEST 2006

> L505 wrote:
> >> MSEgui has a distinct advantage over Lazarus. It compiles under Delphi.
Just
> >> tried it. Fiddled with one or two lines in the code, but I got the IDE to
> >> compile and run and then built a small hello world app that also ran.
Pretty
> >> impressive really.
> >
> > And the exe's/elf's it generates are reasonable in size.  Going to check it
out
> > today, again.
>
> Smaller than FPC ? That shouldn't differ too much, I think.

I mean smaller than lazarus generated ones.

BTW How does borland put the debug info into the exe without increasing the exe
size? Not to mention, there is no such thing as a smartlinking option in my
delphi compiler. They just assume you always need smartlinking - why would you
not need it. As for how their compiler/linker is so fast with smartlinking on
and debugging on... mystery.