[fpc-pascal] another fpc RAD: MSEide

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Wed Apr 19 11:53:21 CEST 2006

>> Compile time with Delphi/Kylix is much faster.
>
> Again, how much ? Win32 is probably a lot slower, but nevertheless you
> should give some reproduceable figures.

As discussed in another thread, with FPC 2.x, we put a lot of effort into a
maintainable and portable compiler because of rare time. Just give you an
example: I ported fpc 2.1.1 to win64 within the last 4 weeks besides my daily
job, preparing a PhD and looking for a new appartment and preparing moving. I
think this gives a good impression how maintainable and portable fpc got with 2.x.