[fpc-pascal] how to pass PChar (or any pointer) from Delphi toFPC ?

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 14:35:10 CEST 2006

On 4/4/06, Пётр Косаревский <ppkk at mail.ru> wrote:
> Sorry for generally windows programming question in this mail list.
>
> But what we know: maybe an unit, implementing such functionality OS independent (with Windows.CreateFileMapping under windows and something else under something other) would not be useless?
> But it's rather developers' question.

This kind of thing doesn´t need to be on the runtime library or other
core parts.

You can implement it as a group of units that someone can just link to
in his programs.

You just need to choose something abstract enougth to be easely
implement on Windows and then on Linux. For an example of a component
that does it, take a look at TrayIcon located at /components/trayicon
on Lazarus.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho