[fpc-pascal] Extending FPDoc

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Sep 16 22:51:59 CEST 2005

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Sebastian Günther wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:
> >
> > I'd rather you keep these todo separate. It'll slow down parsing
> > (which is already horribly slow)
>
> Huh? Really?

I didn't mean the FPC implementation specifically, but XML in general
is slow to parse.

> A small reminder: FPDoc can support different backends, the XML storage
> is just the only one currently implemented. We can talk about this
> anytime...

I know, but this would require a major rewrite of FPDoc.
The TDOMElement is deeply rooted in the structure.
And you need the XML anyway for transforming the pseudo-html, so I see
no gain in having another backend.

And anyway, I don't see the need for the proposed changes, see my other
mail.

Michael.