[fpc-pascal] Porter Stemming for FPC 2.0

Alan Mead cubrewer at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 17:58:20 CEST 2005

It's great that 2.0 is out!  Unfortunately it seems to break some
code I used for Porter Stemming because the code sometimes reads data
from a pchar at negative indexes.  Reportedly this works fine in
Delphi 5 and I don't seem to have trouble with Delphi 7 but it
generates RTEs using fpc 2.0.  (If this is a FAQ, forgive me, I've
been away from Free Pascal for a while...)

So, here is a file containing my patched code and a test program that
seems to run fine:

http://www.alanmead.org/downloads/fpc2_PorterStem.zip

The homepage for this algorithm, which may offer my fix someday, is
here:

http://www.tartarus.org/~martin/PorterStemmer/

-Alan