[fpc-pascal] Status of Lazarus

Daniel Franzini daniel.franzini at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 12:30:04 CEST 2005

RS232 is a standard for serial communications. It sets up voltage levels for
logical 0 and 1, timming and waveforms that devices should provide to
receive/transmit data. A few weeks ago i built up and got worked a simple
RS232 device: a (old) terminal connected to the pc just for sending and
receiving chars. It was for college classes of digital circuits.

On 10/17/05, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 10/17/05, David Chandler <david at davidchandler.com> wrote:
> > I don't have a USB interface in the DOS version--just RS232. I was
> > hoping I could find others who could point the way on the USB issue.
>
> What is RS232??
>
> Well, if you are already good at other hardware interfaces you may
> even learn how to create the USB one by googling. I found quite a bit
> of information about ISA Cards, including PCB schematics on google.
>
> --
> Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Daniel

"(...) one learns how to write code by reading code. One doesn't learn how
ride a bike by reading a book, either." (Theo de Raadt)

"Man is driven to create; I know I really love to create things. And while
I'm not good at painting, drawing, or music, I can write software."
(Yukihiro Matsumoto, a.k.a. ``Matz'')