[fpc-pascal] proc/func to return MAC address of remote system?

Scott I. Remick scott at sremick.net
Thu Nov 17 19:45:24 CET 2005

I am in urgent need of a procedure or function to return the
MAC/ethernet address of a remote system using just it's IP or netbios
name (either/or, both not necessary). I already have a working procedure
I tweaked to get the IP (as a string) from the Netbios name, but sockets
programming is beyond me. I've gotten as far as knowing there's a way to
use getsockname function (from the winsock unit) but that's just one
tiny piece of a whole process of creating a socket, establishing some
sort of communication, closing the socket, etc... can someone just show
me a working example I can use to get through this crisis and then I can
study it later to learn from it? Thanks in advance