[fpc-pascal] fp not available

J.L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Sun Nov 13 17:50:46 CET 2005

Hi,
I recently downloaded fpc including the manuals and Lazarus. (I'm a
Pascal programmer going back to turbo-pascal on the Amstrad!).
Lazarus is working as expected. However, when I want to start the IDE
(and run some very old programs under Linux) fp is not found. I cannot
find any program called fp on my disk. Also the example file hello isn't
found although there is a file helloworld.pas in a directory helloworld
My question: Is the IDE included in fpc (I obtained
fpc-2.0.2-050923i386.rpm and fpcsrc-2.0.2-050923i386.rpm and installed
both) and is there maybe another command to start the IDE?
I have an AMD64 running the 64-bit version of Fedora4 and I haven't
found a specific 64-bit version of fpc.
I hope somebody can give me some clues.
Joep