[fpc-pascal] Learning new things in an imperfect world

Alan Mead cubrewer at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 16:00:49 CET 2005

David Chandler <david at davidchandler.com> wrote:

> I am having trouble getting a standard top-of-the-page menu system
> work properly in Lazarus (Version 0.9.10 beta downloaded a few
> weeks ago).

I think you'll get more help with this on the Lazarus mailing list.

I think when you get results that don't make sense... like compiling
an example program and having it not work properly, then you don't
need to assume it is your own ignorance.

> --The strange thing is that when I exit the Lazarus development
> environment and run the exe file, they all (the example program and
> my
> test programs) work flawlessly.  The problem seems to be in Lazarus
>
> being able to run its own code.

The problem of paths isn't unique to Lazarus ... I've had similar
problems in the old BP IDE.  And again the folks on the Lazarus
mailing list will be better equipped to lend a hand.

-Alan