[fpc-pascal] Lazarus and FPC integration

Team Z505 goositemap at z505.com
Tue Nov 1 01:41:44 CET 2005

>It's a major issue. In here, we're having a serious programmer
>shortage. One of the coolest things about Lazarus is that it could
>allow us to hire people that comes from a Windows/Delphi background
>and integrate them into our Whatever/Linux enviroment. The problem is
>that not everyone is capable of writing correct (in terms of grammar
>and spelling) english code documentation.

>I have nearly 600k lines of Delphi code that was extensively
>documented in Spanish. I don't want to rewrite the whole documentation
>just because of a bug!

Have to tried translation tools? I have converted many Russian source code help files from
the KOL project into English using PROMT translator online. Once in a while you get a funny
translation like "I hit the code twice before she compiled me". But most of it is pretty
good and pretty legible, and A LOT more automated than doing it manually.

Translators like alta vista or babelfish are not nearly as good as PROMT.